Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character, Health, Equipment (+ Inventory)
Heyy!

In this post I want to give some ideas about a character menu, a equipment system with a simple inventory for the character and a health system.

[Image: CharacterSheet.jpg](The character sheet)
Let's start with the right side of the menu: here are mainly just information about the character. Nothing special. On the left side is the character health and equipment shown. The player can wear a head gear (like a helmet, a gas mask), a body gear (clothing, like a uniform or armor) and a backback. The backpack represents the inventory of the player. I would use a weight based inventory. So for example the standard backpack can carry 20 kg, the next one 30 kg and the best one 50 kg. (I don't know if these values are realistic at all Big Grin) I have no image yet but I think this is relatively easy.
Instead of having one health bar the body is divided in 6 parts. Each part can be damaged and healed:
[Image: CharacterSheet_Injured.jpg](Example of simple damage)
Now, this player got shot 3 times in 2 different parts. He managed to bandage his right arm but he still bleeds on the torso. Also the health of the right arm and the torso is lower.
[Image: CharacterSheet_Badly_Injured.jpg](Example of advanced damage)
As you can see now the player is in a very bad shape. He took a arrow to the left leg and the arrow is still in the leg. This decreases his movement speed. Also he got a bullet in the torso. He really needs a doctor now who removes the bullet. And the player took a graze on the head.
The player is dead if his head or torso has 0 health. I think if a arm or a leg gets 0 health the player need some sort of prosthesis.
Bone fractures are shown as simple as the bullets/ arrows are. (with a sweet icon)
- Boy132
(most of the icons I use are from game-icons.net)
Interesting choice to have the health spread over different body parts. It will help us build more indepth survival mechanics, and make doctors/healers more useful.

For reputation what do you think about having a colored bar representing you rep towards another faction rather than numbers. So that a full green bar means your rep is good, while a depleted red one means you have a bad rep towards the other clan?
(01-14-2018, 10:55 PM)Stephano Wrote: For reputation what do you think about having a colored bar representing you rep towards another faction rather than numbers. So that a full green bar means your rep is good, while a depleted red one means you have a bad rep towards the other clan?

Yeah, of course one can use a bar. Simply putting a number there was easier for me to photoshop. Big Grin
- Boy132
(01-14-2018, 04:14 PM)Boy132 Wrote: Heyy!

In this post I want to give some ideas about a character menu, a equipment system with a simple inventory for the character and a health system.

[Image: CharacterSheet.jpg](The character sheet)
Let's start with the right side of the menu: here are mainly just information about the character. Nothing special. On the left side is the character health and equipment shown. The player can wear a head gear (like a helmet, a gas mask), a body gear (clothing, like a uniform or armor) and a backback. The backpack represents the inventory of the player. I would use a weight based inventory. So for example the standard backpack can carry 20 kg, the next one 30 kg and the best one 50 kg. (I don't know if these values are realistic at all Big Grin) I have no image yet but I think this is relatively easy.
Instead of having one health bar the body is divided in 6 parts. Each part can be damaged and healed:
[Image: CharacterSheet_Injured.jpg](Example of simple damage)
Now, this player got shot 3 times in 2 different parts. He managed to bandage his right arm but he still bleeds on the torso. Also the health of the right arm and the torso is lower.
[Image: CharacterSheet_Badly_Injured.jpg](Example of advanced damage)
As you can see now the player is in a very bad shape. He took a arrow to the left leg and the arrow is still in the leg. This decreases his movement speed. Also he got a bullet in the torso. He really needs a doctor now who removes to bullet. And the player took a graze on the head.
The player is dead if his head or torso has 0 health. I think if a arm or a leg gets 0 health the player need some sort of prosthesis.
Bone fractures are shown as simple as the bullets/ arrows are. (with a sweet icon)

I like the health concept. Would also allow you to make areas like Certain sectors in the chest (The middle) and the head to be crit hit zones. And Broken Legs ETC
Like the idea! Maybe instead of prostethics damage to limbs could affect stats? For example damage to legs hinders speed, stamina etc. And damage to arms could affect the ability to use weapons?
(01-17-2018, 02:52 PM)Jordonius Wrote: Like the idea! Maybe instead of prostethics damage to limbs could affect stats? For example damage to legs hinders speed, stamina etc. And damage to arms could affect the ability to use weapons?

We can do limping until a wound is healed, not sure we want permanent changes to stats from getting injured.
(01-20-2018, 11:00 AM)Stephano Wrote: We can do limping until a wound is healed, not sure we want permanent changes to stats from getting injured.
Permanent stat changes are a bit to extreme. As mentioned in the post you only get disadvantages if your body part is damaged. (legs = movement speed decrease; arms = accuracy decrease; body = constitution decrease; head = blur view)
- Boy132
BYeah I agree affects shouldn’t be permanent